Friday, March 19, 2010

Tired

There is that age old tired feeling that comes from physical exhaustion, and then there is that tired feeling that comes from mental exhaustion. I have found myself wavering between the two the past few days. It is good. Physical exhaustion comes a little more frequently the older I get, but the mental does not always arrive as quickly.

I have found this past week to be a little more difficult on me then the previous two weeks. I am still walking more than ever, often in the cold or the snow. I have seemed to adjust to that, and I am even relishing the new found mental challenge that I have. What I did not expect though was the pace at which this week and next week will be run at.

Teaching three times in a week hardly seems like much, but considering we have to create all our aids, write our lessons and present them (all on the most limited supply of teaching aids - tape and staples included!) it has been a bit daunting. Walking 50 blocks only to find the largest store doesn't even carry envelopes ( then coming back to my room to make them) - well, it is wearing me out.

I have an IPA Phonology test due tomorrow and I teach one more lesson. I then have one final group lesson on Tuesday but I found out tonight I have to work 2 solo lessons into next week as well. I was unaware of that. I have several hours of work tonight and will get up early to try to finish. Hmmm, maybe this is why they call it an "intensive" course?

Just wanted to say hello and will have a much more interesting post tomorrow. Hopefully one of having had a successful lesson and passing my test :)

No comments:

Post a Comment