Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shopping Post Script

I knew I had more to say. I am enclosing a picture of the tea set I picked up today. It is small and delicate. It is hand made porcelain and frankly, it is possibly the cutest tea set I have ever seen. You hold the little tails of the gold fish as your handle. Oh! It is sweet. (And Jim, I know what you are thinking...and No, I don't 'need' another tea set, but if the truth be told - you would have bargained for it as well, and maybe paid more than I did ;). You will love it...)

Also, the little girl attached to the last mail kept grabbing my face. She would look at me and tell me she loved my eyes. She would laugh and laugh. Finally she said, "You know why I love your eyes?" Ok, so call me vain, I am thinking, "Hmmm, because the are a beautiful sparkling green with a hint of blue around the edges?" She touches my face and says, "I like these lines." Oh my hell! She liked my wrinkles!!!! I said, "You like the wrinkles?" She laughed, and said, "You not old lady - you have pretty wrinkles on your eyes!"

It was just so funny. I showed her the pictures of my boys. All the shop girls within a 20' radius filled the shop and passed the pictures around. One said, "Oh! I like him! (Austin)"...Another said, "I like the older boy! (Dalton, even though he is younger)." They said, "You no have husband lady?" I said, "Yes, I do." I showed the photo from a few years ago when we had a family photo done. Several of the girls squealed with delight. "Oh lady, your husband look good."

Years ago when we were here women would always run up and want their photo taken with Jim. So Jim, FYI - they had the exact same reaction today as they did a few years ago :) The market was fun. Maybe I will go back and try meandering without buying and just enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment